We are looking for a Senior Engineer to drive technology decision-making within the core development team at Occam. The person filling this role will be a 100% hands-on Engineer, working very closely with a Senior Lead within an the Agile development process.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of increasing technical responsibility, decision making and success. This job requires strategic thinking and planning to provide technical leadership and expertise throughout the development lifecycle.
You will work with a team of demanding, highly motivated software engineers and will be expected to both challenge and be challenged.
- Designing and implementing major pieces of the Occam back-end systems – principally around campaign build and bulk upload systems.
- Leading by example as a hands-on developer, contributing high quality, fully unit tested production ready code and providing detailed feedback in design and code reviews.
- Resolving complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves system availability, resiliency, and performance.
- Working closely with the rest of the technology leadership team, including development, quality engineering, and technical operations to further our technical strategy and communicate it to the wider team as appropriate.
- Deep knowledge of .Net and experience developing and tuning highly available server-side applications
- 8+ years experience building and improving highly available web based systems
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Highly effective communication skills
- Non-microsoft technologies such as Angular and Mongo would be useful
- Any experience of data science technology is a bonus